Monday, January 8, 2007

DISCLAIMER: You can be assured that I would not show the slightest bit of interest in the Global Warming Movement if I was not convinced of it's immediate importance to the common everyday Joe or Josephine. I am hereby opening up myself to ridicule (especially by my closest friends and family) and scrutiny, (by whose toes I might step on in the process). I am not political nor do I claim to know much about politics. I gave up any and all interest when it became clear to me that it was better suited to those willing to play that particular game. It's my take on the whole thing ignorant as it may be. So here I am a political ignoramus, 49 years old who up to this point didn't care or know much about what is going on our world. I plan to pursue and educate myself on this subject and to take some action. I will not be running for President! It is my hope that I can be of service.



About a week back I watched a movie "An Inconvenient Truth" Al Gores Global Warming "Warning". It convinced me that Global Warming is Real and that we've got to start considering this as an ever present reality and stop making fun of the people who like to save owls, or at least tone it down.

So what can "I" do about it? Well "I" can take responsibility on a personal level by doing some of the simple things suggested during the credits at the end of the movie. It also occurred to me that not much is being done on the level of Town, City and State. So armed with those assumed notions and without much further thought I've secured several domains here on the Internet, starting with www.globalwarminggrassroots.com and several similar domains. I'm brainstorming ideas about how to develop a grassroots effort to educate and inform the public of the realities of Global Warming. This is all very new to me and is going to require much research and education on my behalf. Do I have the energy? We'll see.

By the way it's 52 degrees Fahrenheit here in Plainville, MA 02762, Tuesday Jan. 9 2007, middle of the winter!

No comments: